Tuesday 29 August 2017

Team GOLD Songbook

In each of our sessions we’ve been sharing some games and songs with leaders and girls. They can be hard to remember so here we’ve made a little songbook of the ones we’ve shared so far and some others we’ll be bringing to camp this weekend.

Alice the Camel

“Alice the camel has 10 humps, Alice the camel has 10 humps, Alice the camel has 10 humps, so go Alice go, boom boom boom.
Alice the camel has 9 humps etc…
Alice the camel has no humps, Alice the camel has no humps, Alice the camel has no humps, so Alice is a horse.”

Ride My Pony

Sing the first line as someone gallops around the inside of the circle and they stop at the end of the song line.
“Ride, Ride, Ride My Pony, Ride, Ride, Ride My Pony, Ride, Ride, Ride My Pony, This is how I ride it.”
The person in the middle shimmies with the person in the circle they are now standing in front of, first to the front, then the side, then the back.
“To the front, to the front, to the front, my pony, To the side, to the side, to the side, my pony, To the back, to the back, to the back my pony, this is how I ride it.”
The person who joined the shimmying now joins the other and gallops around the circle and also selects a new person with each verse.
REPEAT

Get Loose

This is a repeat after me song lead by one person.
“Get Loose. Get Loose. Get Funky. Get Funky. Get Down to the Beat. Get Down to the Beat. Get you whole body moving. Get your whole body moving. Starting with your feet. Starting with your feet. Oh your feet. Oh your feet.”
REPEAT and add a body part each time e.g. “And our knees”, “And your hips” etc.

Bungalow

One person starts the call, passes it to another to demonstrate and action, who then passes on the call to someone else.
“Hey [name of person], Hey [name of person], Let me see your bungalow. Let me see your bungalow.”
“My hands are high, My feet are low, and this is how I bungalow.” (Demonstrates an action of her choosing)
“Her hands are high, her feet are low, and this is how she bungalows.” (Copies action)

"Bungalow, bung-bung-a-low, bungalow, bung-bung-a-low." (Clapping the beat)
REPEAT

Guide Taps 

Traditionally used to close a guide meeting in the UK.
"Day is done, Gone the sun, From the sea, from the hills, from the sky, All is well, Safely rest, God is nigh."

No comments:

Post a Comment