Saturday 25 March 2017

Introducing: Laura

Mi ta Laura. Mi ta 26. Mi ta un botikario.

I'm Laura Bathgate, a 26-year-old pharmacist from Killin in the Scottish Highlands. I've been involved in Guiding since I was a rainbow and it has most definitely shaped the person I am today. My current roles in Guiding are Senior Section adviser in Forth Valley county and outdoors adviser for the Scottish Lones county. Geography currently prevents me Guiding with a unit on a weekly basis but I can use my leadership skills within my local village as a beaver scout leader. 

GOLD is such an amazing opportunity to make new friends, visit a new country and most excitingly really help make a difference to Guiding on Aruba, allowing more girls to experience this amazing organisation. My role on the team is photo and video co-ordinator, I love taking photos and this will be an amazing opportunity to develop new skills and help capture lasting memories of our time on Aruba. I've met a few people who have visited Aruba and they've all told me what a wonderful country it is - I can't wait to see for myself!


My fundraising is going well, I've been exploiting my own personal hobbies; baking and running! I've been selling cupcakes and empire biscuits to my friends and family at Christmas, and for Birthdays and other special occasions. I'm also in training for the first Scottish Stirling marathon which will also be my very first running marathon. A few weeks ago, I started taking Highland Hustle, a fitness class based on Scottish highland dancing and this will also be helping to contribute to my fundraising. If you would like to contribute please sponsor my marathon, it's been a tough journey already with injury putting my training back so all support would be greatly appreciated! https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Laura-Bathgate-GOLD


No comments:

Post a Comment