Wednesday 29 March 2017

Introducing: Bridget

Mi ta Bridget. Mi ta 29 i mi tin un pushi.

My name is Bridget, I’m 29 years old (but I’ll be 30 by the time we travel) and I’ll be the team First Aider. I currently live and Guide in the Midlands and am lucky enough to be involved with 3 units at the moment. These include two guide units and one senior section unit. When I’m not guiding or working I like to paint, practice calligraphy, camp and visit National Trust properties.

I’m incredibly excited about the opportunity to be part of the Aruba 2017 GOLD team and the experiences we’ll have along. I’m also keen to get stuck into planning the support and training we’re going to be able to provide for the Aruban Girl Guides (Padvinsters). I’m learning lots about Aruba in the lead up to our time in county, one of the biggest things I hadn’t realised until I started to research that Aruba had such strong historical ties to the Netherlands and the cultural links that still exist.

My fundraising is going well so far, but I have a way to go yet. As part of my fundraising I’ve hand-painted glass baubles commissions for Christmas, taken part in Santa Sleigh walks with my local Lions group, and I’m planning a District Guide Campfire and Easter Egg Hunt for the end of this term (I’m really excited about that). I’ve also set up a just giving page where people could support me: http://www.justgiving.com/owner-email/pleasesponsor/bridget-aruba2017 


I look forward to updating everyone with my fundraising, research about Aruba and my adventures in the lead up to project!

No comments:

Post a Comment