Saturday 1 April 2017

Introducing: Rachel

Mi ta Rachel i mi ta 26.

I’m Rachel, I’m 26 years old and from Ormskirk. I have been in Guiding since a Rainbow and I am now an Assistant Leader for both 5th Aughton Guides and 1st Ormskirk Senior Section. I have recently completed my Queens Guide Award (the highest award in Girlguiding) which was very rewarding! Outside of guiding I enjoy spending time with my family and friends, eating food, watching films and walking my dog.

I am so excited about everything to do with GOLD Aruba 2017, but most of all about how I will be making a difference within the local Aruban community. I hope to inspire others locally to also try to make a difference internationally. I’m looking forward to making new friends, exploring a new country and making memories that will last a lifetime. The most interesting fact I have found out about Aruba since getting a place on GOLD is actually where Aruba is - google maps can be so handy sometimes! (It’s off the coast of Venezuela in the Caribbean)

I have taken on the role of Training and Resources Coordinator for the project which means I will be coordinating the resources and drafting a budget for the resources needed, I will be supporting the team in the preparation of the training and session plans and I will be keeping a record of each training whilst on project. This means I will need to be very well organised, have good time management skills and I will need to keep clear records (so I need to make sure I can read my handwriting!).


My fundraising for GOLD is going well, I did a ‘buy a date’ date diary over Christmas and had a very successful cake sale organised by my District’s (and Sister’s) Rainbow Units. It has been so overwhelming how much support I have received from my family, friends and local guiding community - thank you to everyone who has been involved so far! 

No comments:

Post a Comment