Sunday 9 April 2017

Introducing: Amy

Bon bini! Mi ta Amy i mi ta 22.

Hi all! I’m Amy, I’m 22 (turning 23 before we leave for project) and I’m originally from a town called Cwmbran in South Wales, but currently live in Watford in Hertfordshire just outside of London.

I am currently an assistant leader at a Brownie unit which I love doing. In the lead up to project I’ve been visiting other local units of different sections. As a result, I hope to look into helping with other sections on a more regular basis. Outside of guiding I enjoy watching television and movies and have most recently developed a newly found love of musical theatre through watching shows in the London West End. On the flip side of that I love being outdoors and walking my family’s dog, Bod.

I’m so excited to being part of Gold Aruba 2017 and feel incredibly lucky to be share the experience with such an amazing team of fellow guiders. I’m looking forward to meeting lots of Aruban Girl Guides across the island with the hope of sharing the joys of guiding with existing and hopefully aiding in showing this to potential new members. I’m really looking forward to visiting the ‘One Happy Island’.

I will be the team's treasurer while on project, which means I will be keeping track of all expenditures while in Aruba to ensure that we stick to our set budget. Yay for spreadsheets! While designing our badge I found it really interesting to find out that there is so much meaning behind Aruba’s Flag. I love that every element has an important meaning to the country.

For fundraising I have currently been doing cake sales at work and selling items online that I no longer need. I am planning an Aruban themed district Brownie Adventure day for the summer and hope to visit some other units to tell them all about GOLD and to run some activities to help them understand more about the wider international guiding community. Please check out my just giving page: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Amy-Pritchard-GOLD

No comments:

Post a Comment