Wednesday 5 April 2017

Introducing: Helen

Mi ta Helen. Mi ta 28 i mi di Liverpool.

What is your name, how old are you and where are you from?
I'm Helen, I am 28 years old and I am from Liverpool. 

What do you do in guiding?
I am a leader of a Senior Section unit where I currently have 10 girls who attend. Last year I was a participant in a GOLD project in Cambodia, that was my first international trip with Girlguidng and I hope it will be the first of many!

What do you do outside of guiding?
I work as a Children's Occupational Therapist, which I love! When I am not working or Guiding I really enjoy going to the gym, travel, eating and watching T.V. series.

What are you most excited about for our project in Aruba?
I am really excited for everything about our project but I am most looking forward to setting our objectives and achieving these after the success of last year’s project. I am also really excited for the new challenge of leading an international project. 

What role will you be taken on in the team, and what does this involve?
Following last year’s project in Cambodia I have been asked to lead this year’s Aruba project. I have big boots to fill following the incredible work of last year’s leader Miriam but I am really looking forward to the challenge. My role involves supporting my team through their GOLD year and leading them into a successful project. I will be liaising with our contacts in Aruba to plan the project and ensure that we achieve our aims whilst on project. I will also support my team in their roles before and during project by completing the risk assessment and overseeing the planning of our budget, resources, training sessions and first aid. 

Is there an interesting fact about Aruba that you’ve found out since getting a place on GOLD?
IT HAS SHARKS! But luckily the risks of shark attacks are EXTREMELY low! 

How is your fundraising going?

My fundraising is going well! I will be selling knitted Easter chicks filled with chocolate eggs soon and you can sponsor me via my just giving page. https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/HelenHoseyDaviesaruba 

No comments:

Post a Comment