Wednesday 6 September 2017

Padvindsters, Pioneers and Plenty of Fun

Other than camp, so far during our project we’ve run two different sessions for Padvindsters and Pioneers. The Padvindsters (aged 11-16 years) and Pioneers (aged 16-18 years) travelled from all over the island to attend and meet up with other APG members.
The latest session (on Tuesday) took place at the YMCA San Nicolas with 18 girls and 6 leaders coming from different units across Aruba. Our session and activities focused on leadership skills, WAGGGS and opportunities open to young members in girl guiding and girl scouting. Our leadership activities were very popular with girls and really started them thinking about their Guiding journeys.


Through the activities, the girls and leaders shared their proudest moments and hopes for the future. One of these activities was “Dreamers”: statements are written at the centre of pieces of paper and each person writes on an ending to the statement, for instance “Who says we can’t be…” and the response of “ourselves”. Here’s three of the responses from girls and young women who took part in the session:




Another activity we ran was “Fortune Tellers”. For this activity, you fold a fortune teller (instructions here) and on the inside write four things you’re proud of in Guiding and four things you’d like to achieve. The girls and leaders shared their moments with each other such as: “I have learnt different skills that help me in my everyday life”. “I want to visit the World Centres”. “I want to raise money for people that are in need” and “I want to be a Leader”.


At the end of our session the girls and leaders evaluated the session by filling out speech bubbles with something they had learnt or really enjoyed about the evening. Here’s our favourite picture.


Tonight and tomorrow we’re running sessions for anyone who is interested in volunteering with the APG. If you think you could contribute to making some of these girls wishes for the future come true, then head down to YMCA Dakota (6th Sep) or YMCA San Nicolas (7th Sep) from 6pm-9pm to get a taste of what girl guiding and girl scouting is all about.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete