Tuesday 3 April 2018

Introducing GOLD 2018 - Episode 1

Hello and welcome to the journey of GOLD Aruba 2018!

Before we start, the team would like to say thank you so much to the 2016 and 2017 teams for all of their wonderful stories and excellent advice and guidance so far - we really appreciate it!  

So, to 2018... let's meet the first team member! 

Emily


Hello! I’m the leader for this years GOLD Aruba team. This basically means I am trying to be extra organised to make sure everyone knows what’s going on!

I’ve been a member of Girlguiding since I was a Brownie and currently I’m a relatively new leader at a fab guide unit in Abingdon and I’m really enjoying the challenge of adapting my Guiding skills to guides (this is my first time helping with a guide unit as I’ve previously volunteered with rainbows and brownies!). I also volunteer as part of the Girlguiding international team where I support members of Girlguiding who attend WAGGGS events and seminars (amongst other things!).

In my work life, I’m a chemist and I spend my time in a lab making chemicals, wearing a white lab coat and funky purple safety specs! I have also really nearly finished my PhD… Just a couple more corrections to go!

In my free time (of which there is not so much) I enjoy going on walks, spending time with my family and friends, playing board games and trying out new food to both eat and cook :)

I am really excited about participating in GOLD again this year and can’t wait to meet the members in Aruba and learn all about Guiding in their country. I’m also really looking forward to being a part of our wonderful team of UK Guiding members who are already working so hard to make sure the project is a great success :)

No comments:

Post a Comment