Wednesday 4 April 2018

Introducing GOLD 2018 - Episode 2

Sophie


Hello everyone!
I am a 26 years old Children’s Nurse from South West London. I have been involved in Guiding since I was 5, being a Rainbow, Brownie, Guide and young leader and currently am a unit helper with Brownies. I call myself a ‘freelance’ guider as I currently volunteer between 2 different Brownie units, including day trips and residentials, shift work dependent! I have been lucky enough to enjoy several different international opportunities with Guiding before, and recently have been on the staff team for a couple of different UK based international Jamborees. I love exploring new cultures and making friends around the world!
I am very excited to have been selected to be part of GOLD Aruba 2018! I am most looking forward to being able to share my passion and enthusiasm for international Guiding and teaching/training, from my career and experience with Aruban Guides and leaders (Padvinsters) while making new friends along the way.
I am generally a very organised person who likes planning and co – ordinating and so am looking forward to my role as ‘resources co – ordinator’. This will involve making sure we have all the appropriate resources, including materials and plans before delivering trainings in Aruba.

When not working on the ward or Guiding, I enjoy exploring the outdoors, tap dancing, singing and going to the theatre with friends. I love musical theatre and all things performing arts weather watching or getting up on stage! I have recently taking up running in preparation for participating in the 10K London Vitality Run as part of my ARUBA challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment