Saturday 7 April 2018

Introducing GOLD 2018 - Episode 3

Emma

Hi! I’m 28 and I’m from Haslemere, Surrey. I’m the trip treasurer, so I have to keep track of our spending while we’re in Aruba, and make sure we’re not eating too many ice creams!

I’m the Leader-in-charge of 2nd Shottermill Brownies and an Assistant Leader at Haslefold Rangers. I’ve been in Guiding since I joined Rainbows shortly after my 5th birthday - I even volunteered with Girl Scouts when I lived in the USA on an exchange year during university! I’ve been on a few international trips with Girlguiding, including leading a Girlguiding LaSER trip to South Korea, but I’m really looking forward to the new and different challenges that a GOLD trip entails, particularly in my role as treasurer. 

Outside of my Guiding life, I’m a teacher in a special school for children with Autism Spectrum Disorder. It’s a very demanding job, where I’m always on the go, but it is incredibly rewarding and no day is the same! I also enjoy tap dancing and singing in Haslemere Rock Choir. In the little spare time I have left, I’m planning my wedding in 2019.

I am really excited to be taking part in GOLD. I’m looking forward to meeting members of Aruba’s Guiding organisation and helping them to develop. I’m also hoping to make some fantastic friends for life in my GOLD Aruba 2018 teammates.

No comments:

Post a Comment